Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Caught Up

Whew, I am finally caught up in writing about my major explorations. One thing I have not written about is my trip to Yangming Mountain. I am waiting until I go back there on the ninth, when I hopefully will be able to get better pictures. When I went on the Feb. 2 it was foggy and dark.

Now for some thoughts about Taiwan in general:
I really like it here, the people are friendly and helpful. The many times that I have been lost, I have always found a friendly person who speaks English and can help me. I can't say enough good things about Tatung, the university has been very nice to the me and the other exchange students and goes to great lengths to make sure we are having an enjoyable time. They have helped us get everything we need, cell phone, bank account, immigration card, etc. and have brought us places and treated us to dinner.

The thing that I do not like is the weather and the pollution. This time of year is terrible weather in Taiwan. It is grey and rainy all the time. It never seems to be more than a light rain, but it could rain any time (so I carry an umbrella). Also not nice is the pollution. The air isn't as clean here as it is in cities in the US, and you see plenty of people wearing dust masks to filter some of it.

1 comment:

Aunt Elaine said...

Hi JON! Greetings from snowy Michigan! Paul got a snow day but he went in to the school anyway to get stuff done. I finally figured out how to comment. When I read your first blog I tried but I didn't know I had to have a password and it was late at night so I just gave up. It is so great to see your pictures and read of your adventures! You are very bold to try all the foods. If you can find me a little painting to hang on the wall for us I will pay for it--one of mountains or trees, or the ocean. May God bless you richly, day by day!
Love, Aunt Elaine