Tuesday, February 5, 2008

February 4: Electronics Market

Today I went to the Guanghua Market. It is THE place to buy cellphones, DVDs, computer hardware, or any kind of gadget under the sun. There had to be a hundred small shops all selling electronics. The prices were at least the same as buying online and often better. The prices vary between shops, so if you take the time to look around; you can find sweet deals. It looked like the Taiwanese brands or knock-off brands had very good prices. I saw a shop selling the Asus Eee Pc 4Gb model for the price of the 2Gb model on NewEgg. :)

There were lots of DVD stores as well. Everything was above the board and legitimate, so you don't have the cheap prices of pirated movies. If I was into Japanese or Chinese movies, though, I bet that I could find even rare DVDs.

If you are a system builder, this is an awesome place to go. The shops have listings hanging from the ceiling with the individual components that they have in stock. So if you want a specific CPU, hard drive, motherboard, etc. you can wander through the crowds comparing prices and then buy the cheapest. I am tempted to build a new computer while I am in Taiwan.

No comments: